New dampers and springs for adjustable height.

These are the Flyin' Miata VMaxx Classic alongside new Centric rotors. My father stopped by early in the am to get started. I had already put the MX-5 up on jack stands. We finished the swap in a day.


Of course I spent the next day tweaking with the ride height to get this. It's the setup the Flyin' Miata suggests in the documentation provided with the coilovers.




After a year having fun with this new low style of ride I felt that it was time to introduce a bit more pliability in the ride and so I plan to make an adjustment later.

The upgrade in suspension has brought out the next weak point in the system. The tires are horrible!
The PO put 205/50-15 on the stock 6 in wide wheels. The 205 has a tread width of 8 inches, two inches wider than the wheels! This thing is set up to cruise on a pillow of air, which SUCKS!

hmmm....   

how much do I like those wheels anyway?

they sure are good quality and stuff so why change? 

(well they do have a bit of curb rash)

(((and they are silver)))

Comments